Pedestrian Accident Attorney Calgary
Personal Injury Lawyer in Calgary, AB
Who is at risk for Pedestrian Accidents in Canada?
There are a number of factors that can increase the risk of pedestrian accidents in Canada. Some of the most common include:
- Walking in areas with high traffic volume or speed
- Poor visibility due to weather or lighting conditions
- Distractions such as talking on the phone or listening to music
- Jaywalking or crossing the street outside of a crosswalk
- Wearing dark clothing – Age (children and seniors are at a higher risk)
Traffic Laws and Safety Tips for Pedestrians
As a pedestrian, it is important to be aware of traffic laws and safety tips to help you stay safe when walking on or near roadways. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Always cross at a designated crosswalk or intersection. If there is no crosswalk, look for a safe place to cross the street and make sure to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Be visible at night or in low–light conditions by wearing reflective clothing or carrying a flashlight.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and be aware of your surroundings. Don‘t be distracted by your phone or other devices.
- Obey all traffic signals and signs.
- Watch for turning vehicles, especially when crossing at an intersection.
- Never assume a driver sees you. Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
Who is Responsible for a Pedestrian Accident?
If you are a pedestrian who has been hit by a car, you may be wondering who is responsible for the accident. In most cases, the driver of the car will be held liable for the accident. However, there are some circumstances in which the pedestrian may be held responsible.
If the pedestrian was crossing the street outside of a crosswalk, the driver may not be held liable. Pedestrians are required to use crosswalks when crossing the street. If they do not, they may be held responsible.
If the pedestrian was crossing the street against a traffic signal, the driver may not be held liable. Pedestrians are required to obey traffic signals when crossing the street. If they do not, they may be held responsible for any accident that occurs.
If the pedestrian was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the driver may not be held liable. Pedestrians are required to be sober when crossing the street. If they are not, they may be held responsible for any accident that occurs.
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, you should contact a pedestrian accident attorney to discuss your case. An attorney will be able to review the facts of your case and determine who is liable for the accident.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Calgary
If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident, then you may need a pedestrian accident lawyer to help ensure that your rights as a pedestrian are respected and that you get proper compensation. It is important to handle insurance, medical bills and other expenses related to your accident through a professional injury lawyer due to the complex nature of pedestrian accidents and the protected rights of pedestrians in Calgary. The following guide will help you learn more about when you may need a lawyer and how to find an personal injury services available.
When You Need Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
In Calgary, pedestrians are entitled to certain rights and protections under the law. Many circumstances call for hiring a pedestrian accident attorneys. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Accidents caused by drivers who don’t respect road rules regarding pedestrians, such as yielding the right of way to pedestrians
- Accidents caused by drivers who were under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other illegal substances
- Accidents caused by distracted driving, including distracted driving while texting, using a mobile device or other distractions
- Accidents caused by a driver who fails to signal
- Accidents caused by a driver going at an excessive and illegal speed
- Accidents caused by road conditions
- Accidents caused by adverse weather
- Accidents caused by poorly maintained streets, roads or highways
- Accidents caused due to a defective or mechanical problem with the vehicle
These are just some of the incidents which may prompt you to seek out the services of an accident lawyer. You may also need to seek an accident lawyer in Calgary when you were injured to the point that your ability to work was temporarily or permanently affected. For instance, if your injuries caused you to lose your ability to work within your field, then you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of your future income.
Medical expenses as well as financial losses—such as the loss of income due to an injury sustained in the accident—can entitle you to varying levels of compensation. If your rights as a pedestrian were violated, then this may play into the results of your case.
You mustn’t “settle” with an insurance company or the other party without first consulting an experienced injury attorney. Many insurance companies will attempt to ignore the rights that you have as a pedestrian, which entitles you to certain rights and protections. A pedestrian accident lawyer will be able to help you get the proper compensation for all of your medical bills, injuries, and other financial losses due to the accident.
Pedestrian Hit by A Car Services
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, then you need to seek out professional accident lawyer services as soon as possible. There are many options available, so it’s important to take the time to find a lawyer for your needs. When searching for a lawyer, take the time to consider factors such as experience, their success rate for pedestrian accident cases, and their professionalism. A professional accident lawyer will work hard for you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Get In Touch
Personal Injury Law Services
Sidhu Personal Injury Lawyers Calgary are engage in personal injury law and insurance claim disputes. Our personal injury lawyer Calgary services help our clients with car accidents, damage liability, slip and fall accidents among other personal injury legal cases. As a firm, our team will work with you to obtain fair settlements, ensuring our clients receive fair reimbursement for their injuries.
- Personal Injury Law
- Car Accidents
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
Back to top: Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Calgary