Car Accident Lawyer Calgary
Personal Injury Lawyer in Calgary, AB
Car accidents can be traumatic experiences that can have long–lasting effects. In the aftermath of a car accident, victims may face physical pain, financial losses, and emotional distress. To help navigate the complexities of a car accident, many victims seek the assistance of an experienced Calgary car accident lawyer. A lawyer can provide legal advice on how to proceed with a claim, help to prove the negligence of the other driver, and negotiate a settlement or take a case to trial if necessary. With the guidance of a car accident lawyer, victims can be confident that their rights and interests will be protected.
What are the Cause of Car Accidents in Calgary?
There are many causes of car accidents, but some of the most common include distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding. Distracted driving is any activity that takes a driver’s attention away from the road, such as talking on the phone, texting, or eating. Drunk driving is when a driver gets behind the wheel after drinking alcohol, and speeding is driving above the posted speed limit or driving too fast for conditions. All of these activities increase the risk of an accident occurring.
What to Do When You Get Into an Auto Accident?
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few things you should do:
1. Check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 and get medical help.
2. Move your vehicle out of the way, if possible. If you can‘t move your vehicle, turn on your hazard lights.
3. Exchange information with the other driver. Get the other driver‘s name, address, phone number, insurance company and policy number.
4. Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, it‘s a good idea to call the police. They will file a report, which can be helpful if you need to make an insurance claim.
5. Take photos of the accident scene. If you have a camera or camera phone, take photos of the damage to both vehicles and the surrounding area.
6. Contact your insurance company. Let your insurance company know about the accident as soon as possible. They will likely need to open a claim and will be able to give you more information about what to do next.
7. Contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Calgary to ensure that your rights are protected. An experienced lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and protect your interests.
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, then you may need an accident attorney to help ensure that you get proper compensation for injuries as well as damages to your vehicle. It is important to handle insurance, medical bills and other expenses related to your accident through a professional lawyer due to the complex nature of car accidents and applicable laws. The following guide will help you learn more about when you may need a lawyer and how to find one.
When You Need a Car Accident Attorney
Many circumstances call for hiring a car accident attorney. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Accidents caused by drivers who were under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other illegal substances
- Accidents caused by distracted driving, including distracted driving while texting, using a mobile device or other distractions
- Caused by a driver who fails to signal
- Caused by a driver going at an excessive and illegal speed
- Accidents caused by road conditions
- Caused by adverse weather
- Caused by poorly maintained streets, roads or highways
- Accidents caused due to a defective or mechanical problem with the vehicle
These are just some of the incidents which may prompt you to seek out the services of a lawyer. You may also need to seek an car accident lawyer in Calgary when you were injured to the point that your ability to work was temporarily or permanently affected. For instance, if your injuries caused you to lose your ability to work within your field, then you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of your future income.
Medical expenses as well as financial losses—such as the loss of income due to an injury sustained in the accident—can entitle you to varying levels of compensation depending on the extent of the injuries, losses, and the specifics of your case.
You mustn’t “settle” with an insurance company or the other party without first consulting an experienced car injury lawyer. Insurance companies will often offer settlements in an attempt to avoid paying proper compensation, particularly in cases where injuries have occurred that may cause significant problems—and thus, high medical expenses—down the line. A lawyer will be able to help you get the proper compensation for all of your medical bills, injuries, and other financial losses due to the accident.
Accident Attorney Services in Calgary
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need to seek out professional car injury lawyer services. There are many options available, so it’s important to take the time to find one for your needs. When searching, take the time to consider factors such as experience, their success rate for car accident cases, and their professionalism. A professional car accident attorneys will work hard for you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Get In Touch
Personal Injury Law Services
We are engage in personal injury law and insurance claim disputes. Our services help our clients with car accidents, damage liability, slip and fall accidents among other personal injury legal cases. As a firm, our team will work with you to obtain fair settlements, ensuring our clients receive fair reimbursement for their injuries.
- Personal Injury Lawyer Calgary
- Car Accidents
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Bike Accident Calgary
- Pedestrian Injuries
Back to top: Car Accident Lawyer Calgary