Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Calgary
Personal Injury Lawyer in Calgary, AB
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents And How to Prevent Them
Bicycle accidents are unfortunately all too common. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 857 bicyclist fatalities in the United States in 2018.
There are many different factors that can contribute to a bicycle accident. Some of the most common include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are not paying attention to the road are more likely to hit a bicyclist. Distractions can include anything from talking or texting on a phone to eating or drinking while driving.
- Speeding: Drivers who are speeding are less likely to see a bicyclist and more likely to cause serious injuries if they do hit someone.
- Improper turning: Drivers who don‘t signal or who turn too sharply can easily hit a bicyclist.
- Open car doors: Drivers or passengers who open their doors without looking can cause a bicyclist to crash.
Bicycle accidents can be prevented by following some simple safety tips.
- First, always wear a helmet when riding.
- Second, be aware of your surroundings and be cautious when riding near traffic.
- Third, use proper lighting when riding at night or in low–light conditions.
- Fourth, avoid riding in hazardous weather conditions.
- Finally, be sure to maintain your bicycle in good working condition. By following these safety tips, you can help prevent bicycle accidents.
So You‘ve Been Involved in a Bicycle Accident – What‘s Next?
If you‘ve been involved in a bicycle accident, the first thing you need to do is seek medical attention. Even if you don‘t think you‘re injured, it‘s important to get checked out by a doctor. Once you‘ve been seen by a medical professional, you need to start gathering evidence. This includes taking pictures of the scene of the accident, getting the contact information of any witnesses, and collecting any relevant medical records.
Once you have this evidence, you need to contact a bicycle accident lawyer. They will be able to help you determine who was at fault for the accident and how to get compensated for your injuries.
Choosing Bike Accident Lawyers in Calgary
If you have been in a bicycle accident, then you may need a bike accident lawyer to help ensure that you get proper compensation for injuries as well as damages to your property. It is important to handle insurance, medical bills and other expenses related to your bike accident through a professional personal injury lawyer due to the complex nature of bicycle accidents and applicable laws. The following guide will help you learn more about when you may need a bicycle accident lawyer and how to find personal injury services available.
When You Need a Bicycle Accidents Attorney
In Calgary, bicyclists are considered pedestrians under the law. Many circumstances call for hiring a bicycle accident lawyer. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Accidents caused by drivers who were under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other illegal substances
- Accidents caused by distracted driving, including distracted driving while texting, using a mobile device or other distractions
- Accidents caused by a driver who fails to signal
- Accidents caused by a driver going at an excessive and illegal speed
- Accidents caused by road conditions
- Accidents caused by adverse weather
- Accidents caused by poorly maintained streets, roads or highways
- Accidents caused due to a defective or mechanical problem with the vehicle
These are just some of the incidents which may prompt you to seek out the services of a bike accident lawyer in Calgary. You may also need to seek a bicycle accidents attorney in Calgary when you were injured in the bicycle accident to the point that your ability to work was temporarily or permanently affected. For instance, if your injuries caused you to lose your ability to work within your field, then you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of your future income.
Medical expenses as well as financial losses—such as the loss of income due to an injury sustained in the accident—can entitle you to varying levels of compensation depending on the extent of the injuries, losses, and the specifics of your case.
You mustn’t “settle” with an insurance company or the other party without first consulting an experienced bicycle accident lawyer. Many insurance companies will attempt to ignore the laws which designate bicyclists as pedestrians in Alberta, which means they have certain rights that must be protected and upheld. A bicycle accident attorney will be able to help you get the proper compensation for all of your medical bills, injuries, and other financial losses due to the accident.
Bicycle accident Calgary Lawyer Services
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, then you need to seek out professional bike accident Calgary lawyer services. There are many options available, so it’s important to take the time to find an injury lawyer Calgary for your needs. When searching for an accident lawyer, take the time to consider factors such as experience, their success rate for bicycle accident cases, and their professionalism. A professional accident lawyer will work hard for you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Get In Touch
Personal Injury Law Services
We are engage in personal injury law and insurance claim disputes. Our services help our clients with car accidents, damage liability, slip and fall accidents among other personal injury legal cases. As a firm, our team will work with you to obtain fair settlements, ensuring our clients receive fair reimbursement for their injuries.